March 23, 2020
March 14, 2020
March 13, 2020
With all of the recent news about Coronavirus / COVID-19, your Elevation Church family continues to be proactive and diligent about preserving a safe and healthy place to gather as God’s people. We do plan to meet at our usual 9 & 10:30AM times this weekend.
Currently, here are the steps we are taking to combat the spread of the virus:
- Every child age 2 through 5th grade will use hand sanitizer, wipes or wash their hands upon check in.
- Toys are intentionally set aside for sanitizing / cleaning once they are played with.
- Surfaces are wiped down with cleaning wipes between uses.
- Kids with runny noses or coughs will not be checked in, and we will request that families who are sick wait until healthy to attend.
- Volunteers who are sick will be asked not to serve
- All team members have been asked to not shake hands, and instead wave to greet, reducing the risk of hand to hand transfer of any virus.
- Bathroom surfaces, railings and table tops will be frequently disinfected.
- Coffee will be served in cups by team members using gloves to eliminate touching the same surfaces
- Temporarily switching to packaged snacks during the 10 minute party after service.
- Pushed the pause button on hand shake greetings and passing the offering.
- Giving will be received online at elevationbillings.com, by texting an amount to 84321, via envelopes that can be mailed, or at a secure box to give as you exit. (Consider setting up automated giving)
Here’s how you can help:
Choose to be filled with faith, not fear
- Throughout history God has used seasons like this to draw people to eternal life and a deeper walk with him. As his people, we can trust that God sees everything, and God knows more than we do about what the future holds - and He loves us and cares for us, even when things seem out of control. God has not given us a spirit of fear! (2 Tim. 1:7)
Care for yourself
- If you are sick, stay home, and seek testing if you have the symptoms.
- If you are high risk - compromised immune or respiratory system, over 60, or have other health conditions identified as at risk - consider staying home and catching the service online during the week until this all blows over. (We are working on a weekend live stream)
- Wash your hands thoroughly by singing Happy Birthday to yourself twice, and eliminate touching your face until absolutely clean.
Care for each other
- If you or your children are sick, exhibiting symptoms of any kind, please stay home until you are all back to full health.
- PRAY! Pray that the Lord would intervene with healing, grace and wisdom for our community, and around the world.
Roger and I will continue to consult with health experts, city leaders, elders, and staff to determine any additional next steps, as necessary. If anything changes, we will communicate via email or social media. Feel free to reach out with any questions by text at (406) 272-3672
In the meantime, let's continue gathering as God’s people to worship the Lord, teach His Word, and grow together in love and hope. Come join us! Until we meet again, we echo the words of Paul:
"I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.” Ephesians 1:16-17
With love for you all,
Michael and Roger
PS Here is a link from the CDC for the latest info: